Office Protocol for COVID-19 Prevention and Safety
The safety of our patients and staff are of utmost importance. Therefore, we have implemented a series of initiatives to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 upon reopening. Rest assured that when you return to our office, you will be protected and safe.
Here is a list of the preventative measures that will be taken.
- Reduced patient schedule, with a limited number of patients entering the office at a time.
- All eyewear dispensing will be scheduled.
- Curbside eyeglass pick-up will be an available option.
- All contact lens orders will be shipped directly to patients.
- All necessary paperwork will be completed remotely, prior to appointment.
- All patients will have their temperature taken upon arrival, and will need to answer and pass a COVID questionnaire.
- All patients will have hands sanitized or will wash hands upon arrival.
- All staff will have their temperature taken each day and self-health assessment established. If sick, staff will be required to stay home.
- All staff and patients will be required to wear face masks.
- Sneeze guards will be installed at front desks.
- Breath guards will be installed on appropriate examination equipment.
- Gloves and masks will be worn by doctors at all times.
- Disinfection protocols, in compliance with OSHA standards, have been established to properly disinfect every surface and all equipment used, before and after each patient encounter.
- Increased frequency of proper hand washing among all staff.
- Staff preparedness maintained at all times.